- Ensure the PBM is well charged.
- Enable Bluetooth on your mobile device.
- Power on the PBM.
- Connect the PhotonMaster to the PBM with the cord provided, the PBM screen will display “PhotonMaster connected”.
- On the PBM press the down arrow button until “Bluetooth” is displayed on the PBM.
- On the PBM press the check mark button to the right of the arrow up and down buttons. PBM should display “BT Not Connected” and the blue light will flash.
- On the mobile test results, capture screen tap the “Connect to PBM” button (see the section below for our troubleshooting guide)
- Your mobile device will detect if your PBM is connected and the “Read” buttons should be enabled
- PBM should display “BT Is Connected” and the blue light will stop flashing and stay solid blue. The PBM and mobile device are ready for testing.
- Do not press any PBM buttons while connected to the mobile device or the connection will be lost.
- You are now ready to run your test!
If you are having trouble connecting a PBM to your mobile device make sure location services are turned on for your phone
- Open “Settings”, scroll all the way down to the myLuminUltra app and tap it to view app access.
- Ensure the Location access is set to “While Using”. If not, tap it and continue.
- Choose “While Using the App”.
- Open “Settings”
- Select “Apps”
- Scroll down and select the myLuminUltra app
- Tap Permissions
- Select "Location Permission"
- Ensure the Location access is set to "Allow only while using the app”.