GeneCount® Q-96 device software experiment templates
The template files contain the parameters used to execute every step of the analysis protocol.
- Software experiment template for the GeneCount® Q-96 device
- Software experiment template for the GeneCount® Q-48 device
For information on the actual software for the Q-series devices please see GeneCount® Device Software Downloads
The template files for the Q-48 or Q-96 contain the cycling parameters and detectors for your chosen qPCR assay.
How to install the software templates
- Download the appropriate ZIP file for your device and chosen assay from the links above.
- Copy the entire folder to a flash drive and then unzip the folder to extract the files and place them in the following folder:
Q-96: PC software version
- If you are using the PC version of the Q-96 software, extract the files to the integrated tablet.
- Open file and "Save As Template".
- Under "Template Content" uncheck "Samples" and "Plate Settings".
- Under "Template Type" enter “GeneCount” and click OK.
Q-96: Touchscreen optimized version
If you are using the touchscreen-optimized version of the Q-96 software:
- Insert the flash drive into the front of the Q-96
- Open the GeneCount Q-96 software
- Click on the “Open Template” button
- From the drop-down list select “Udisk”
- Highlight the downloaded folder
- Click on the “Import” button
How to use the software templates
After you’ve completed the steps above for your device and assay, the template files will be available whenever you want to start a new experiment either:
- under the template tab under home, if you are using the Q-96 PC software, or
- when you click the template button on Q-96 touchscreen software.